I think in an attempt to get me to you know, actually write something for my blog (a blog with writings you say? who would’ve thunk it?), my friend Tom from Morning Erection “tagged me”. Basically he wrote a bunch of questions and I have to answer them. Also, from my understanding, I tag other bloggers and write them new questions. Not too hard methinks! So here I go:
1. What celebrity would you most like to kiss?
This is a hard question because there are SOOOOO many. On some days its Ewan McGregor, on other days it’s Kiefer Sutherland. It could be Ryan Reynolds or even Patrick Stewart. Oh wait, I’ll stick with Patrick Stewart – and then before he kisses me he’d be all “Engage” – it’d be awesome.
2. What is one of your favorite books that has not been made into a movie but you think should be and who should direct the movie?
I really love the Abarat series which is by Clive Barker. It’s not his typical horror books, but rather a fantasy book that’s more for teens (I started the series when I was about 16, so don’t fault me for still loving them). I could see someone like Peter Jackson tackle it, the books span over a vast and intricate world that would require a lot of attention to really get the atmosphere of the book right.
3. Your doctor just told you that you must give up your blog for medical reasons. How will you explain it to your followers?
So I’ve contracted blogitis you say? I’d probably write an extensive post explaining what was going on, depending on how serious the situation was. If I knew I was going to get better, I’d just let everyone know for health reasons I needed to take a blogging break, and when I come back I’d explain what I felt comfortable with. If something more serious came up, I think I’d be honest up front, and thank everyone who comes to visit my dusty-old-blog.
4. Would you give a kidney to save the life of a stranger?
Honestly, I don’t know. Though I have two kidneys, having one would seriously affect my own life. I think to give it to a stranger would be a stretch for me, I could see giving it to someone I knew though. I don’t know if that makes me an awful person, but it’s a hard question to answer.
5. What one thing have you thought of to aid in the recovery of your country’s economy?
Uhh you’re pawing at the wrong scratching post my friend – I’m not very good with that sort of thing. I try to keep up with current events, but often get distracted by movie news or less significant stuff. Or even distracted by a big crisis in other countries – I just tend to avoid my own countries political crap. It’s stupid, I’ll admit it. I should care, and part of me does, but when we keep getting governments that I feel are dishonest and aren’t doing a good job, I stop caring. Which is redundant because to get a government that represents me better, I should care. So to answer the question – I don’t know. I honestly don’t know. Thanks question, you made me feel stupid *cries in the corner*!
6. Who would you like for your favorite singer or band to do a duet with?
I love Josh Groban, sooooo dreamy. I’d love for him and Adele to do a pairing, they both have fantastic voices, so I can’t see that being anything but amazing.
7. How many times have you been tagged for this game this year alone?
This year alone? Once, and this is it.
8. What is your favorite game to play with friends now and what was it when you were just a wee little kid?
My friends and I play a lot of games actually. There’s a card game called Skip-Bo that we play a lot, usually at our coffee shop. We also play games such as The Game of Things (more affectionately called Things in a Box), Apples to Apples, or if we are partaking in a few drinks, we may play Kings. When we were kids, I did play Skip-Bo with my aunt’s and grandmother, we also played a lot more video games like Super Mario. There was also one summer where we played an RPG called Tales of Symphonia over and over and over again.
9. On average how much sleep do you get per night?
Not enough. I can range anywhere between 7 hours to about 4. Sometimes less, but not as frequent. On average, probably about 5 hours. I end up waking up a few times a night, or just have trouble getting to sleep. It’s all right, that’s what the coffee is for.
10. Of the many celebrity chefs on TV, which one would you like to have invite you to their home for dinner?
Chef Ramsay. Why? Cause I know the act on tv has to be an act. They show about 10 minutes of dinner service and you see him yelling. Well, for anyone who hasn’t worked in a restaurant, someone will yell at you at least once in the dinner service. That’s just what it is, it’s nothing personal, but that’s just what working at a restaurant is. It’s loud, it’s busy, it’s chaotic, and sometimes you do something stupid and you need someone to yell at you. He seems more abrasive on his one show than his other, and I think they pair him with super sensitive people. If you seem him interact with someone who is trying to learn or to do a better job, he’s actually rather patient – but he’s also honest. And I suppose because I know I wouldn’t be making him dinner, rather him cooking for me, I think I’d love to have the opportunity – he’s an amazing chef.
11. Of the many celebrity chefs on TV, which one would you like to cook dinner for – even if you cannot cook and what would you prepare for him or her?
Chef Michael Smith. One reason, he’s Canadian, and another reason, I’ve met him and he’s a very extremely nice person. He seems like he’d be a good guy to just have over for a beer and some bbq.
So now that my questions are done, I’m supposed to tag people. I’m not sure how many, and honestly, because of my extended absences there are few people who stop by here anymore. So I’ll tag those that I used to frequent often when I was a good little blogger, or those who keep stopping by despite the fact that I kind of suck now. I’m tagging: A Pakistani Boy, Broken Sparkles, Disjointed Rhymings and Brokenpenwriter
And here are my questions:
- What country would you most like to live in for a year?
- If you could go on a date with a fictional character, who would it be and where would you go?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- What song do you feel reflects how you’ve been feeling lately?
- What is your favourite board game?
- What is your ultimate dream job – even if it’s a job that doesn’t exist? (Example: mine would be a Jedi).
- Are you a cat or dog person and why?
- What is your cure for writer’s block?
- Do you have any future goals for your blog?
- Who or what inspires you to write?
- What was the last book you read, and would you recommend it?