Sorry again for the delay on this post – hopefully after I get 100% better I don’t get sick again for the rest of the season (I can hope, right?). I think I also need to give myself more time to work on posts, I sometimes forget that life never goes as scheduled. Anyways, on with the post!
For anyone who isn’t familiar with a “bucket list” or sometimes called a “life list”, it is basically just a list of things I want to do before I die (aka kick the bucket – get it?). I got the idea from one of Tom Baker’s blog tips and ideas post that he had, so thanks for letting me borrow (or rather, blatantly stealing) one of your ideas Tom! I’ve seen a lot of these lists around that include things like starting a family, getting married, meeting “Mr. Right”, have children and so-on, and though these things are extremely important desires for me, I decided to make my bucket list something that I have more control over. Though I very much hope to meet someone who I want to marry, and more importantly, actually wants to marry me, I have only so much control over that situation (which is very little). So all of my Bucket List items are things that I have control over, they are realistic, tangible and attainable goals – and there are few things that could happen for me to not be able to fulfill these items before I die one day (for example: the Zombie Apocalypse would surely hinder my ability to travel).
With that, here is my bucket list, in no particular order, enjoy!
Start my career within my field
Travel to all the provinces and territories of Canada
- Travel Europe – including Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Greece, and the UK
- Travel to Japan
- Travel to all the Northern States of America
- Learn Latin
- See an Italian Opera
- Reach at least level 5 in piano (if I just keep at practicing I’m sure I can get there!)
- Go on a cruise (this will be a very big feat indeed, as I am terrified of open water and drowning, and don’t do well with motion sickness)
- Visit the Schwarzenegger Museum in Graz (which will happen when I go to Austria)
- Attend Oktoberfest in Munich
- Learn to play chess (at least well enough to not fail miserably at every game)
- Take up photography
- Solve a Rubik’s cube without breaking it apart and putting it back together – you know, actually beat it…
- Learn to knit
- Finish my book bucket list (which I will be making a page of sometime in the near future)
- Read all of Shakespeare’s plays
- Watch every best picture Oscar winner ever
- Kick my overeating habit for good
- Meet some of my favourite Internet stars – including: Wheezy Waiter (Craig Benzine), Toby Turner, Phillip DeFranco, That Guy With the Glasses (Doug Walker), and The Spoony One (Noah Antwiler)
- Be a constantly regular Blood Donor – for the past few years I’ve donated only once or twice due to time conflicts or me being sick when I supposed to donate, and I would like to donate as much as I can every year from now on.
- Finish my novel
- Get some of my poetry and/or short stories published
- Double my hits for my blog
- Adopt a pet from an animal shelter
- Buy a house
- Take up Yoga
- Eat fugu (when I’m travelling in Japan)
- Try a cup of kopi luwak coffee (totally stealing this from the film The Bucket List)
- Achieve my ideal weight
- See a tornado
- Volunteer at a local hospice
- Get at least one tattoo
- Learn to drive a car
- Take singing lessons
- Meet some of my favourite Bloggers in person one day (a list that will forever keep growing, but for sure right now I’d love to meet Blaga and Tom)
So there you have it, my bucket list. It will never be complete, because as time goes on and I change, things will be added and things will possibly be removed. But I think it’s important to have a list of goals to achieve before we pass on, it gives us something to keep living for.